Experienced North Carolina Lawyers Who Fight For Maximum Compensation
A car accident can leave you with a wide range of injuries. These injuries can have a significant impact on your life and affect you physically, emotionally and financially. When a negligent driver caused your accident, you deserve compensation. You need an experienced car accident attorney to help guide you through the legal process.
At Brent Adams & Associates, we know that most people aren’t used to dealing with insurance companies. So they may not realize that they don’t have to settle for less. Our attorneys understand the effects an injury can have on victims and their families. We help them fight back against insurance companies and make things right.
How A Car Accident Injury Can Impact You
An injury sustained in a serious car accident can affect your life in many ways. For example:
- You may need surgery to repair broken bones or internal damage.
- You may need to stay in the hospital for an extended period of time.
- Long-term treatment may involve medication and physical therapy.
- Long-term treatment may require home health care and medical equipment.
- Medical expenses can add up very quickly and your insurance may not cover everything.
- You may not be able to work while recovering from your injuries, resulting in less income.
- You may not be able to take part in your usual activities.
- You may be left with a permanent disability.
Don’t underestimate the seriousness of your car accident injury. Make sure you get the medical care you need right away. It’s also important to fully understand your legal options. That’s why it’s critical that you talk to a North Carolina car accident injury lawyer after your crash.
Types Of Car Accident Injuries
Serious injuries sustained in a car accident can cover a wide range. Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Whiplash, a type of neck sprain that can cause serious, chronic neck pain. Whiplash is especially common in rear-end accidents.
- Neck injury, which can range from strained or sprained neck muscles to broken neck bones .
- Brain injury, including concussions and other types of traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
- Back injury, including spinal cord injuries or lower back injuries that cause serious back pain.
- Broken bones or bone fractures, especially in the arms or legs or hands.
- Cuts or lacerations, especially to the face caused by sharp objects or flying debris.
- Bruising or delayed bruising
However you were hurt in your car accident, make sure you take your injury seriously right from the start. Seek immediate medical attention if necessary at Duke Raleigh Hospital Emergency Room or the nearest hospital if you have a life-threatening injury. Then make sure you talk to a car accident injury attorney at our North Carolina law firm right away.
Insurance Companies Are Supposed To Help
When you’ve been hurt in a car accident caused by the negligence of another, it should be simple. You submit a claim and the insurance company pays all of your medical expenses until you have healed as much as possible. Unfortunately, that’s not the way it works. Recovering compensation after an accident is usually complicated.
Insurance companies often question the seriousness of injuries after a crash. The more serious your injury, the more they have to pay. That’s something they want to avoid. So they may want you to get an independent medical exam. Or they will seek access to your medical records to look for evidence that an injury was pre-existing.
You may be contacted by the insurance company shortly after your accident. They may want to offer you a settlement. As your medical expenses are adding up and you are getting concerned about how you will pay them, the offer can seem tempting. Always talk to a lawyer before accepting any settlement offer. It usually falls far short of covering all of your damages.
Our Attorneys Are Ready To Fight For You
Insurance companies are not on your side, but we are. Our goal is to help you recover maximum compensation. This includes compensation for all medical expenses to treat your injuries – now and in the future. It includes compensation for other damages, such as lost wages if you couldn’t work and pain and suffering.
We start by getting the facts. Our legal team investigates your crash by gathering evidence, reviewing documentation, interviewing witnesses and consulting experts as needed. We know what it takes to prove that you were seriously injured due to another driver’s negligence. Our attorneys build strong cases that insurance companies have to take seriously.
Our firm is never afraid to go to trial to fight for clients. That’s one thing the insurance companies hate about us, because they know we won’t settle for less. We are committed to getting you the compensation you need and deserve, whether that’s through a negotiated settlement or a jury verdict.
If you were injured in a North Carolina car accident, learn more about how we can help. Contact us to schedule a free consultation with a North Carolina car accident injury lawyer focused on your needs. We have offices in Raleigh, Fayetteville, Dunn, Southern Pines, and Clinton.