Attorney Sheila Chavis
Experienced North Carolina workers’ compensation lawyer
Attorney Sheila White Chavis joined Brent Adams & Associates in 2004 and is now an owner/partner in the firm. She is a graduate of Duke University and was a fellow at the Woodrow Wilson Institute of Public Policy and International Affairs at the University of California-Berkeley. When she’s not hard at work on workers’ compensation litigation, she spends time with her family. Her husband is an active equestrian and the manager of Triangle Horse Sports in Raleigh. They have three sons: Kyle, Mekhi, and Logan.
Attorney Chavis has been admitted to practice before all North Carolina trial and appellate courts as well as the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina.
- 10th Judicial District
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina Association of Black Lawyers
- Former member of the Board of Visitors for Duke University’s Terry Sanford Institute of Public Policy & International Affairs
Professional Honors & Activities
- Duke University, B.A., 1990
- Woodrow Wilson Institute of Public Policy and International Affairs, University of California at Berkeley; Fellow
- Public Policy, Duke University, M.A., 1992
- North Carolina Central University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2000
To learn more about how Attorney Sheila Chavis can help you with your workers’ compensation claim, contact us to schedule a free consultation.