Dunn, NC Car Accident Lawyer Fighting For The Money You Deserve
We can investigate your injury claim or file a lawsuit on your behalf
Dealing with a serious car accident in Dunn, North Carolina caused by another driver can be a daunting task. You might have whiplash, a concussion, or another type of serious injury due to a rear-end accident on East Cumberland Street or North Clinton Avenue. Or perhaps you’re dealing with a spinal cord injury or a back injury due to a high-speed accident caused by a distracted driver on I-95.
Whatever the circumstances of your car accident in Dunn, make sure you take your case seriously right from the start. Make sure you talk to an attorney at Brent Adams & Associates right away. Our dedicated legal team has decades of experience dealing with car accidents in Harnett County and throughout North Carolina. As a result, we’re familiar with the laws and the legal system governing such cases. That’s why we have such a strong track record of success, including a $5 million car accident settlement. Case results matter here.
How did your accident happen?
Many accident cases involve crashes caused by another driver’s reckless or negligent behavior. Examples include accidents due to:
- Distracted drivers, especially texting drivers on West Cumberland Street or other busy roads.
- Speeding drivers who don’t have enough time to slow down and avoid a collision on I-95 or a busy street in downtown Dunn.
- Drunk drivers or drivers under the influence of other drugs on North Ellis Avenue or another street.
- Tired drivers who fall asleep at the wheel on South Clinton Avenue or another road.
Is this what happened to you? Or are you dealing with a different type of accident? Whatever the circumstances of your crash, an experienced Dunn personal injury attorney can help you demand the money you deserve after your accident.
What can I be compensated for?
North Carolina has a fault-based insurance system when it comes to motor vehicle accidents. That means the at-fault driver is responsible for paying for the accident-related expenses of all injury victims. As a result, you should be paid for all of your accident expenses, now and in the future. Such expenses often include:
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs.
- All medical care expenses, both short-term and long-term, including emergency medical care, follow-up doctor’s appointments, surgical procedures, and physical therapy.
- Replacement income if you cannot work while you’re recovering from your injury.
- Lost future income if you cannot return to work due to a permanent disability.
- Pain and suffering in certain circumstances.
- Funeral expenses if a loved one died in a fatal car accident.
The bottom line is you shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s reckless or negligent behavior. If you or a loved one got hurt in a car crash caused by someone else, all of your bills related to your accident should be covered, even if such expenses occur years after your accident. That’s why it’s critical that you have a dedicated lawyer fighting for the maximum financial compensation you rightfully deserve.
What are my options?
If someone else caused your car accident, you often have several options available to you in terms of financial compensation for your injury-related expenses. Such options often include:
- Accept a settlement offer from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Ask for more money or negotiate a better settlement offer with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
- File a lawsuit or take other legal action to obtain damages (the legal term for financial compensation) for your accident expenses.
Keep in mind that if you accept a settlement offer, you often cannot ask for additional money in the future, even if your injury-related expenses increase more than expected. Insurance companies know this. That’s why they might make a lowball settlement offer after your accident that simply covers your car repair costs and medical bills for emergency medical care at Betsy Johnson Hospital or another medical facility.
While it might be tempting to accept such an offer, it’s important to understand that once you agree to accept an offer, you often cannot go back and ask for additional money in the future, even if your accident-related expenses increase dramatically years from now.
This is why you should carefully consider all your options before agreeing to accept a settlement or take other legal action after your crash. An experienced lawyer can help you better understand all these options and which ones make the most sense based on the circumstances of your motor vehicle accident.
Get the law firm that gets results. Contact us.
Different car accidents often present different legal challenges. That’s why we never take a one-size-fits-all approach toward car accident claims at our Dunn law firm. We take the time to find out exactly what happened. We carefully investigate your crash, then present our evidence to the other driver’s insurance company. Many agree to cooperate with us and make a fair settlement offer. If not, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit or take other legal action on your behalf.
Demand the compensation you rightfully deserve after your Dunn car accident. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation at our law firm. We can answer your questions and explain all the options available to you. We’re on your side.