Raleigh Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Focused On Winning Your Case
We can handle your accident claim or file a lawsuit on your behalf
Raleigh motorcyclists are often unfairly blamed for accidents involving them. When a motorcycle and another vehicle crash into each other, the first thing some people think is the motorcyclist must be the one at fault. We know the truth. We know that most motorcycle accidents are caused by other drivers. That’s why we want to help you with your legal case.
Our dedicated motorcycle accident attorneys at Brent Adams & Associates have years of experience handling such complex legal cases in Raleigh and throughout Wake County. We know how the legal system works here. We know what evidence to look for and what questions to ask. That’s why we consistently obtain sizable settlements and verdicts for injury victims, including a $15 million verdict for a motorcycle accident. Case results matter here.
Why do motorcycle accidents happen?
Motorcycle accidents caused by other drivers often occur because the driver was behaving in a reckless or negligent manner. Specifically, this includes:
- Drivers not looking for motorcyclists before making a turn, especially at busy intersections like West Morgan and South Salisbury Street.
- Distracted drivers not paying attention before changing lanes or pulling out into traffic on busy streets like Clark Avenue.
- Texting drivers who fail to notice a motorcyclist, resulting in a rear-end accident or head-on collision on streets like Faircloth Street or Lake Wheeler Road.
- Speeding drivers who don’t slow down in time to avoid a collision with a motorcyclist on I-440 or another busy highway in Raleigh.
- Drivers under the influence of alcohol or drugs who crash into motorcyclists in downtown Raleigh or other neighborhoods.
Whatever the cause of your motorcycle accident, don’t underestimate the complexity or the seriousness of your legal case. Make sure you talk to an experienced attorney familiar with Raleigh and the laws governing motorcycle crashes in the greater capital area.
Who decides who was at fault?
It’s very important who’s declared at fault in a Raleigh motorcycle accident since the at-fault party is responsible for paying for the injury victim’s accident expenses. That’s because North Carolina has an at-fault insurance system.
So who decides who is at fault? Often, it’s the insurance companies for everyone involved in the accident. They base their decision partly on the official police accident report for your crash. Insurance companies also often conduct their own independent investigation.
All of this might sound reasonable. But many insurance companies automatically blame motorcyclists for causing collisions involving other vehicles – even when the motorcyclist didn’t do anything wrong. This is why it’s critical that you have an experienced lawyer working for you. Your attorney can be part of such important conversations and make sure your side of the story is heard loud and clear.
What can I be compensated for?
If another driver clearly caused your accident, you should receive money for all your accident-related expenses. What many people might not realize is such expenses often go far beyond short-term expenses like repairing your motorcycle and emergency medical care at Duke Raleigh Hospital or another medical facility. You deserve to be compensated for long-term future accident expenses including:
- Follow-up doctor’s appointments to monitor your health.
- Physical therapy as part of your recovery from your accident.
- Follow-up surgery to correct physical problems due to your crash.
- Prescription medications often due to chronic pain.
- Replacement income while you are recovering from your crash and cannot work.
- Lost future income if you cannot return to work due to a permanent disability.
The financial impact of a serious motorcycle accident can often add up to thousands of dollars or significantly more. Insurance companies know this. That’s why they often make lowball settlement offers soon after an accident or do everything they can to deny your claim.
This is why you need a highly-skilled lawyer on your side, demanding the money you rightfully deserve. Your attorney can present evidence in support of your case, including medical records, receipts and other proof that you sustained a serious injury. You didn’t do anything wrong. You deserve to be compensated for all your accident expenses, now and in the future.
Demand the money you deserve. Contact our Raleigh law firm.
Experience matters when it comes to choosing the right lawyer to represent you after your motorcycle accident. That’s why many people in the Raleigh area choose Brent Adams & Associates. We know the city. We’re familiar with the state and federal laws governing such accidents. We also have a strong track record of success.
Equally important, we have the drive and the dedication you need to succeed. Some law firms avoid such challenging cases. We thrive on them. That’s why we’re eager to meet with you. Contact our Raleigh law firm and schedule your free case evaluation right now. We can demand the maximum financial compensation you deserve for your motorcycle accident claim.