Raleigh, NC Car Accident Lawyer Who Fights For Your Rights
We can handle your injury claim and demand the money you deserve
Car accidents caused by other drivers in Raleigh, North Carolina can be complicated legal cases. In an instant, you might be injured in a rear-end accident on Hillsborough Street caused by a distracted driver or a head-on collision on McDowell Street involving a drunk driver. Whatever the cause of your crash, it’s critical that you take strong legal action to protect your rights. Otherwise, you might not get the money you deserve for your accident expenses.
We know what’s at stake at Brent Adams & Associates. That’s because our lawyers have years of experience fighting for the rights of car accident victims in Raleigh and throughout the capital area. We know how to investigate serious accidents. We’re familiar with the city and Wake County’s legal system. That’s why we have such a strong track record of success, including a $5 million settlement for a fatal car accident. Case results matter here.
How did your accident happen?
Car accidents caused by other drivers happen for many different reasons. Often, it’s because another driver behaved in a reckless or negligent manner. Some of the most common causes of crashes include:
- Texting drivers on South Dawson Street and other busy roads in downtown Raleigh.
- Speeding drivers on I-440 and other busy highways in the city.
- Tired drivers who fall asleep at the wheel late at night in the Warehouse District or other neighborhoods.
- Drunk drivers who crash into other cars in University Park or other parts of the city.
Is this how your accident happened? Or are you dealing with a different type of car accident in Raleigh? Whatever the circumstances of your crash, don’t simply assume you will be fairly compensated if another driver clearly caused your collision. Often, you need to take strong legal action in support of your injury claim. An experienced attorney who knows the area and understands the law can help you demand the compensation you deserve after your Raleigh accident.
How much is my claim worth?
Every accident claim is different. Some might be worth a few thousand dollars. Others might be worth significantly more. What matters is you should be compensated for all your accident-related expenses.
Many insurance companies take this to mean only short term expenses like vehicle repairs, replacement income and money for emergency medical treatment at UNC REX Hospital or the Wake Med Raleigh Campus hospital. But that’s often just the start. In many cases, you might need money years from now for accident expenses, including:
- Physical therapy
- Follow-up surgery due to on-going medical issues
- Prescription medications for chronic pain or other medical issues
- Lost future income if you cannot return to work due to a permanent disability.
All of these expenses can add up over time. But the reality is you often only have one opportunity to obtain all the money you will need for a lifetime of expenses related to your accident. Because once you accept a settlement offer from the at-fault party (often, the insurance company for the at-fault driver), you cannot go back and ask for more money in the future. That’s why it’s critical that you have an experienced attorney on your side, standing up for your rights.
How can a lawyer help me?
There are many reasons why it’s critical that you have an attorney on your side if you’re the victim of a serious car accident in Raleigh. Some of the different ways a lawyer can help you include:
- Conduct an in-depth, independent investigation of your accident. This often includes carefully reviewing the official North Carolina accident report for your crash to make sure all the information accurately reflects what actually happened.
- Answer your questions and explain how the legal system works in Raleigh and Wake County in terms of car accident claims.
- Help you fill out any official paperwork related to your accident.
- Deal directly with the at-fault driver’s insurance company on your behalf.
- Negotiate the best possible settlement offer on your behalf.
- File a lawsuit in Wake County Superior Court or another courthouse if applicable seeking damages, a legal term for financial compensation.
Don’t underestimate the complexity of your legal case. The other driver and their insurance company will almost surely have an attorney defending their actions and working to deny your claim. When you have a lawyer on your side, you can level the playing field and make sure your best interests get the attention they rightfully deserve.
Get the Raleigh law firm that gets results. Contact us.
The clock is ticking after your Raleigh car accident. Often, you only have a limited amount of time to file lawsuit or take other legal action. This deadline is known as the statute of limitations. In North Carolina, that deadline is often three years from the date of your accident. If you miss that deadline, you could miss out on your only opportunity to get the money you deserve for your accident.
Demand the compensation you deserve. Contact our Raleigh law firm and schedule your free case evaluation today. We can answer your questions, review your case and explain the legal options available to you.
Brent Adams & Associates – we make things right.