Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 877-BRENT-ADAMS
Phone: (919) 781-7590
Brent Adams & Associates

Our Duty Is To Help Veteran's Get The Maximum Compensation for Their Disability Claims

Soldiers who return from war sustain any number of injuries, conditions and illnesses while they're abroad. The United States Department of Veterans Affairs has established a system of compensatory benefits for disabled veterans whose conditions were the result of service-related injuries.

According to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), more than 60,000 U.S. soldiers and service personnel have been wounded, either physically or psychologically, since the American invasion of Iraq alone.

If you've sustained a debilitating condition or injury while serving on active duty, you may be eligible for veterans disability. In Raleigh, an attorney can help you get the benefits you are entitled to for your service and sacrifice.

Qualifying for Veterans Disability in Raleigh, NC

Veterans disability benefits are available to those who are totally or partially disabled. The VA uses a disability rating system to establish what amount you will be paid, which can be as much as $3,100 per month.

In order to be eligible for benefits, you must be either a veteran, the dependent of a veteran, a surviving spouse, an active duty service member, a member of the reserve or National Guard, or the child or parent of a deceased veteran.

You also must receive at least a 10% disability rating as a result of active service duty to receive monthly compensation. How much you are paid is dependent on this evaluation -- someone with a 60% disability rating would receive more than someone with a 20% disability rating, for example.

Additional Compensatory Benefits for Veterans

Veterans with disabilities also may be eligible for other benefits, such as a monthly pension, provided you are a wartime veteran with limited financial means, a partial or total disability, and are at least 65 years of age. In this case, the disability does not have to be service-connected, but the veteran must demonstrate financial need.

Furthermore, special monthly compensation (SMC) is available for those veterans who, as the result of their service, lose the use of specific organs or extremities, including: 

  • loss of the use of a hand or foot;
  • paralysis or immobility of a joint;
  • paraplegia with loss of bowel and bladder control;
  • blindness in one or both eyes;
  • deafness in both ears;
  • loss of the use of a reproductive organ;
  • loss of the use of the buttocks;
  • loss of tissue from a single breast or both breasts due to mastectomy or radiation treatment;, and
  • inability to communicate by speech.

The VA will pay a veteran more if he or she suffers from a combination of disabilities, severe deafness or bilateral blindness.

In 2007, President George W. Bush signed the legislation into law that allows veterans to retain the services of a professional veterans advocate. Our Raleigh, Dunn and Fayetteville offices are conveniently located to serve all of your needs in reaching an approval of your disability claim or increase in your disability rating.

Contact our firm today  to speak with one of our veterans / Social Security disability attorneys in Raleigh, Fayetteville or Dunn. We can answer your questions and address your concerns during your FREE consultation. To schedule yours call 1-800-849-5931.