The non-profit organization The Leapfrog Group released their latest national rankings of hospitals based on patient safety. Several hospitals in Raleigh and the surrounding area received A ratings. Many of these hospitals have regularly received high scores, not only by this organization, but others too. View the safety ranking of North Carolina hospitals.
Here are the A scores of hospitals in and around the Raleigh area. We're also including Fayetteville and surrounding areas since our medical malpractice attorneys have offices here:
- Alamance Regional Medical Center - Burlington
- Cape Fear Valley Medical Center - Fayetteville
- Duke Raleigh Hospital - Raleigh
- Duke Regional Hospital - Durham
- Duke University Hospital - Durham (Ranked #1 in NC by U.S. News & World Report in 2015)
- Johnston Health - Smithfield
- Rex Hospital - Raleigh
- WakeMed Cary Hospital - Cary
These hospitals performed positively through multiple factors of safety - infections, medical errors, negligence, safety procedures - as analyzed through multiple reports. The data reports used came from entities such as the Centers for Disease Control, the American Hospital Association, and others.
Curious about how these scores compare to this time last year? View the hospital score rankings from early 2015.