Every year organizations across the country and North Carolina rank the best healthcare providers. Business North Carolina's latest breakdown of hospitals across the state ranks facilities based on just over a dozen factors. Some of these factors include whether patients are readmitted related to post-surgical complications, patient satisfaction, readmittance rates for hip and knee replacement, mortality rates, and more.
How did our state's hospitals rank? Here are the Top 10:
- Rex Hospital, Raleigh
- Mission Hospital, Asheville
- New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Wilmington
- Duke University Hospital, Durham
- Cone Health, Greensboro; Reidsville
- FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital, Pinehurst; Raeford; Rockingham
- Duke Regional Hospital, Durham
- (TIED) CaroMont Regional Medical Center, Durham | Duke Raleigh Hospital, Raleigh | Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center, Winston-Salem; Kernersville
Read the full list of North Carolina's Best Hospitals. This is the third consecutive year Rex Hospital has placed number one in this report. Check out report card scores for North Carolina hospitals for findings from other sources.
Even the best hospitals can make errors. A doctor who makes a mistake is not necessarily bad at their job overall, just that they were careless at one time and that caused a loss to their patient. Brent Adams, our medical malpractice attorney in Raleigh, says he would still use a doctor who acted negligently. Why does he feel this way? Watch this video and Brent Adams will explain exactly why you might decide to go to a doctor that has been sued.
If you believe you have suffered an injury or illness due to a medical error, you should learn your rights. Brent Adams authored a book about medical malpractice claims and offers it to all North Carolina malpractice victims for free - use the order link on the right side of this page.