Medical Malpractice: Medication Errors | North Carolina Medical Malpractice Lawyers
· Wrong dose. The wrong dose of medication can either fail to treat the patient or lead to a deadly overdose. 100 ccs can be mistaken for 10 ccs - and suddenly the medical professional who is supposed to be helping you is harming your body.
· Harmful medication reactions/interactions. If your doctor does not closely read your file, he could prescribe a medication to you that you are allergic to - or a medication that reacts poorly with a medication you are already on. Both are negligent acts.
· Wrong medication. Perhaps your nurse mixes up two patients' medications - or perhaps your pharmacist gives you the wrong bottle of pills. Both scenarios could have a serious impact on your help.
· Wrong diagnosis and wrong medication. If your doctor incorrectly diagnoses your medical problem or condition, he may also give you the wrong medication to treat your illness. Taking a medication for a condition you don't have can be extremely dangerous and could have debilitating side effects.
· Blood infusion errors. Blood can save your life in many instances, but if you are given the wrong blood type during your transfusion, there can be serious complications.