Who decides what doctors will treat me for my work-related injuries?

If your employer accepts responsibility for your workplace accident and pays your claim, the employer gets to conduct your medical care. However, once a treating doctor is established, the employer cannot “doctor shop” by sending you to doctor after doctor until they get a report they want. In order to change your treating physician, your employer and you must seek permission from the Industrial Commission.