Q What is a Service-Related Benefit?
A service-related benefit is an amount of money you receive for any injuries you obtained while serving in the military. Here are the qualifications you must make in order to receive service-connected compensation:
- You must have served in the U.S. military, navy, or air force.
- You must have been honorably discharged. If you were dishonorably discharged, you cannot receive benefits.
- You must have sustained an injury or illness because of your service during war-time.
- Your injury/illness must be diagnosed by a doctor.
- You must be able to prove the event that happened during your service caused your injury/illness.