A medical malpractice happens when a patient is injured due to the negligence of a medical professional. A medical malpractice case can only be won if you show that a doctor was negligent. Here are three ways you can determine if you have become victim to a medical malpractice:
- If the doctor failed to diagnose you or misdiagnosed your condition, this may constitute a medical malpractice case.
- If the doctor did not follow a proper procedure, you may have a case.
- If you were not warned of the risks involved with a prescription or procedure, you may have a medical malpractice case.
Other components must also be taken into consideration when determing if you have a medical malpractice such as:
- The prior doctor-patient relationship
- Damages incurred due to the injury