Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 877-BRENT-ADAMS
Phone: (919) 781-7590
Brent Adams & Associates

If my on-the-job accident happened because I was under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs, can I still recover?


No. There can be no recovery if the worker is intoxicated or under the influence of controlled substances and that intoxication or influence of controlled substances caused the injuries. If no substances were involved, employees can recover NC workers' comp benefits, even if the accident was their fault.