Can I recover money for my pain and suffering involved with my on-the-job injury in North Carolina?

No. Workers in North Carolina may not receive compensation for pain and suffering related to their on-the-job injury. The General Statutes do not provide laws that require employers to cover awards for pain and suffering that develop as a result of a job injury.