Frequently Asked Questions about Soft Tissue Injuries

Many people who are involved in accidents, whether they are car, bicycle, or pedestrian, among others, may sustain a type of personal injury medically referred to as “soft tissue injuries.” In some cases, a soft tissue injury may see a fast recovery, but some cases are more severe and require surgical procedures to heal.


Here are some frequently asked questions concerning soft tissue injuries.


How is a soft tissue injury sustained?


A soft tissue injury is sustained when bodily tissue, including muscles, nerves, ligaments, or tendons, suffers trauma. Trauma could be caused by such circumstances as forceful impact with an object, falls, or repetitive movement, among others. A soft tissue injury could include a sprain or carpal tunnel syndrome, among other ailments.


How are soft tissue injuries treated?


Proper rest, elevation or therapy can heal mild soft tissue injuries within a matter of days. However, surgery may be necessary for more severe soft tissue injuries to ensure that the tissue is put back together or is able to heal. Some treatments, depending on the case and severity, can include therapeutic massage, electrotherapy, or other means.


If I am involved in an accident, how can I know if I suffered a soft tissue injury?


You may not be able to know immediately if you’ve suffered personal injuries or what kind you may have sustained if you are involved in an accident. All parties involved in the accident should immediately seek medical attention to examine whether or not they have sustained injuries. Typical warning signs of injuries include stiffness, pain, swelling or bruising.


If I am involved in an accident that is the fault of another party, can I receive compensation for damages incurred because of soft tissue injury?


There are provisions within state laws that allow individuals who sustain personal injuries, including soft tissue injuries, to be compensated. It may be advisable for you to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney to determine if you are able to receive compensation.

Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment