Supplemental Security Income (SSI) may be available if you are struggling to make ends meet. Of course, there are eligibility requirements that will determine if you qualify.
If you would like help in completing your application, you should seek legal counsel. Or, if your application for SSI was denied and you wish to appeal that decision, contact a Fayetteville disability attorney as soon as possible.
Qualifications for obtaining SSI in North Carolina include:
- individuals who are blind, disabled, or age 65 or older;
- have limited income and resources;
- is a citizen of the U.S. or is an eligible noncitizen;
- is a resident of a U.S. state, D.C., or Northern Mariana Islands;
- is not out of the country for 30 consecutive days or more, or a full calendar month;
- applies for other benefits for which the individual may be eligible;
- permits SSA to request financial records; and
- meets other requirements.
There may be additional requirements that will apply to your case. The best way to know what these requirements are and to receive help in applying for SSI benefits, you should speak to an experienced attorney.
Contacting a Fayetteville Disability Attorney
The team of disability attorneys at Brent & Adams Associates serves residents in Dunn, Fayetteville, Raleigh and various other cities throughout the state of North Carolina. Contact us today to learn if you have legal options available – 1-800-849-5931 or 910-892-8177.