NC Lawyer Gives 3 Ways to Know if You Meet Social Security Mental Disability Requirements

If you’re dealing with a mental disability or disorder, you’re not alone. According to 2009 numbers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as many as 1.6 million Americans were hospitalized for mental conditions involving psychoses. Mental disorders and developmental disabilities are considered medical conditions, so if they impair your functioning to the point where you cannot work, you may be eligible for Social Security disability. Requirements will have to be met, just like any other impairment.  

Want to know some of the core requirements you’ll have to complete? Raleigh or Dunn residents seeking Social Security disability may contact a North Carolina attorney to get started. 

Before filing an application for Social Security Disability, ask yourself these 3 key questions: 

  • Do you have extensive documentation? (medical history, past psychological tests, mental health examinations, hospital stays, etc.) You must back up the claim that you have a mental disability or disorder.
  • Does your condition impact you to the point where you cannot work or maintain steady employment?
  • Is your mental disability expected to last at least 12 months? 

If you answered yes to these questions and want to make sure your application for disability benefits is as complete as possible, including medical records and documentation, you may want to contact an SSDI attorney with Brent Adams & Associates to help you with the process. Brent Adams & Associates has an entire department dedicated to helping SSDI claimants.

We Help Prove NC Social Security Disability Requirements 

Don’t let the complicated process of proving Social Security disability requirements keep you from getting the benefits to which you’re entitled. At the law offices of Brent Adams and Associates, our Raleigh, Fayetteville and Dunn Social Security disability attorney team will work with you to get the results you deserve. Contact us today at 1-910-892-8177 or 1-800-849-5931.

Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment