If you have decided to apply for Supplemental Security Income (SSI), you should know that there are reasons you may be denied. In some cases, you may actually have the right to these payments, but mistakes in the application or other situations may cause your claim to be denied.
This is why it usually a good idea to secure legal representation. Contact a Fayetteville disability attorney to learn more about your rights.
Five reasons you may be denied SSI benefits include:
- your income is above the limit requirements;
- your disability isn’t likely to last the required 12 months (or isn’t likely to end in death);
- refusal to release your medical records;
- refusal to be seen by a Social Security Administration (SSA) doctor; and
- failure to follow through on medical treatment.
There can be other reasons your claim for benefits may be denied. With so many forms to complete and all of the documentation that must be collected, applying for SSI benefits can be complicated and time-consuming.
The best way to prevent unnecessary delays or denials is to talk with an attorney about your case as soon as possible.
Contacting a Fayetteville Disability Attorney
The team of disability attorneys at Brent & Adams Associates serves residents in Dunn, Fayetteville, Raleigh and various other cities throughout the state of North Carolina. Contact us today to learn if you have legal options available – 1-800-849-5931 or 910-892-8177.