A Dunn disability attorney can help you evaluate whether you qualify for Social Security disability benefits. You may be eligible if you have been diagnosed with a medical condition that interferes with your ability to work and perform basic activities.
Some of the medical conditions that may qualify for Social Security disability benefits include:
- back injuries (herniated disc);
- cardiovascular (heart disease, heart failure);
- blood disorders (anemia, sickle cell disease);
- digestive disorders (ulcerative colitis, inflammatory bowel disease);
- mental/emotional problems (depression, bipolar);
- neurological disorders (epilepsy, Parkinson’s);
- respiratory problems (cystic fibrosis, sleep apnea);
- endocrine disorders (thyroid, diabetes);
- skin conditions (chronic infection of skin/mucous membranes, psoriasis);
- immune system disorders (lupus, AIDS); and
- cancer (breast, lung).
These are just some examples of the hundreds of conditions that may qualify. Depending on the medical condition with which you have been diagnosed, there may be further criteria that must be met to qualify for benefits. Your claim must demonstrate that the medical condition prevents you from working. To understand Social Security disability requirements, you may wish to consult with an attorney.
To learn more about your rights, contact a Social Security disability attorney at Brent & Adams Associates. Our law firm serves residents in Dunn, Fayetteville, Raleigh and other cities throughout North Carolina. Contact us at 800-849-5931.