Dog Owner May Be Charged With Murder After NC Dog Attack in Person County
A Henderson, NC man died from a dog attack in May 2012 and the dog’s owner, if his identity is confirmed, could be charged with murder. Eugene Cameron’s naked body was found by police in the driveway of a friend’s house at the end of May.
Cameron’s clothes were in a pile next to his body and the ground was marked with bloody paw prints. A neighbor’s pit bull, named DMX, has been taken into custody and investigators are comparing dental structure with the bite wounds on Cameron’s body. DMX has a reputation in the Person County community for trying to attack other dogs. If DMX’s bite marks match with the punctures on the victim’s body, DMX’s owner could be charged with manslaughter—and the charges could be upgraded to murder if evidence surfaces proving DMX’s aggressive history.
Dog bite laws in NC protect innocent people from suffering the financial duress a single dog attack can bring. Victims deserve compensation for scarring, disfigurement, loss of limb or—in severe cases like Cameron’s above—death benefits for the victim’s family. Careless dog owners should be held accountable.
If you just got attacked by a dog, here are the first things you should do after getting bit:
- Medical attention is a first. Make sure healthcare providers note that your injuries are a result of the dog attack. If you’re unable to identify the dog’s owner, you will have to receive rabies treatment, which could be painful.
- If the dog is loose and you don’t know who the owner is, without compromising your safety or anyone else’s well-being, try and take a picture of the dog with your phone or ask someone nearby if you’re not alone.
- If there are witnesses, get their contact information. If you’re not able to, ask them to take photos of your injuries. If they use their phone, ask them to text and email you the images.
- Once you receive medical attention, contact animal control in the NC county where the attack took place and make a report.
- Contact dog bite lawyers in Raleigh with Brent Adams & Associates to learn your rights.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Dog Owner May Be Charged With Murder After NC Dog Attack in Person County"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."