If you need to apply for Social Security disability insurance (SSDI), you will need to have adequate documentation that supports your claim of being medically disabled. In addition, you will need to provide information pertaining to your work.
For help in applying for SSDI or to appeal a claim that has been denied, you should immediately seek legal counsel. A Dunn Social Security disability attorney may be able to help determine eligibility.
Some of the types of documentation that are necessary when applying for Social Security disability insurance include:
- past 15 years of work history (contact information and type of work done);
- copies of W-2 form or federal tax return if self-employed;
- bank account information for direct deposit;
- dates of previous marriages;
- names and dosages of medications;
- dates medical treatment was received;
- copies of x-rays, test results from lab work, etc.; and
- contact information of doctors, clinics, hospitals and others who have treated you.
This information is important to help prove you are eligible to receive SSDI.
There are certain SSD insurance qualifications that must be met, so you may wish to discuss your case with an attorney who has experience handling these types of claims.
Contacting a Dunn Social Security Disability Attorney
To learn more about your rights, contact the team of Social Security disability attorneys at Brent & Adams Associates. Our law firm serves residents in Dunn, Fayetteville, Raleigh, and other cities throughout the state of North Carolina.
Contact us today to learn if you qualify for SSDI or what legal options may be available if benefits were denied – 1-800-849-5931 or 910-892-8177.