A man and woman have filed a personal injury suit against Circle K and one of its managers for an explosion at their home they claim was caused by attempting to light a heater they believed to be filled with kerosene, but was actually filled with gasoline.
According to the suit Robert and Jennifer Haas filed on October 22 in Illinois’ St. Clair County Circuit Court, Robert Haas filled two kerosene heater fuel tanks with a liquid he had purchased from a pump labeled “Kerosene” at a Circle K convenience store on February 11.
Haas attached a kerosene heater to one of the fuel tanks and lit the heater on February 16, causing an explosion and fire, which destroyed the Haases’ home.
In addition to the destruction of their home, the suit also claims Robert and Jennifer Haas sustained permanent pain, mental anguish, disability, and disfigurement, incurred medical expenses, lost wages, and were caused to be permanently deprived from attending to their usual duties.
The suit also claims that both have been deprived of each others’ love, companionship, consortium, support, and services.
The suit also names Circle K Manager Gail Pierce as a defendant.
The plaintiffs seek damages in excess of $750,000, plus costs, from the 10-count suit.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Couple Claims Gasoline Labeled As Kerosene Caused Explosion"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."