3 HUD Programs for the Disabled in North Carolina

If you are disabled, you may have concerns about your ability to pay for housing. There are some programs available through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). 

If you need assistance in learning if you qualify for disability benefits or with applying, contact a Dunn Social Security disability attorney. They may be able to help you throughout the entire claims process. 

While Social Security disability benefits don’t provide compensation for housing, there are 3 HUD programs that you may qualify for: 

  • Shelter Plus Care – provided to homeless individuals who suffer from a disability (generally those with mental illness or other chronic difficulties)
  • Section 8 Single Room Occupancy (SRO) – single room dwelling units
  • Military Base Redevelopment Planning – bases that are closed

While these programs tend to focus on the homeless, it is certainly not unheard of that someone who has become disabled loses their home. In fact, those who are waiting for a long period of time to receive disability benefits are at a greater risk of becoming homeless. 

There may be other types of housing assistance available in North Carolina if you are disabled. Meanwhile, you may benefit in applying for Social Security disability benefits.  

Contacting a Dunn Social Security Disability Attorney 

The team of Social Security attorneys at Brent Adams & Associates serves residents in Dunn, Fayetteville, Raleigh and various other North Carolina cities. When you have concerns about your rights to Social Security disability benefits, you should contact our NC SSDI lawyer to discuss your case. 

With how complex and time-consuming it can be to seek Social Security benefits, it may be in your best interest to arrange for a free consultation. Contact us today to learn if you have legal options available – 1-800-849-5931 or 910-892-8177.

Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment