Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 877-BRENT-ADAMS
Phone: (919) 781-7590
Brent Adams & Associates

Grill Near Kent State University Shut Down After Diners Suffer Illness


Posted on May 05, 2008

Nearly 50 people at Kent State University suffered personal injury through illness after consuming food from a resataurant that has since been closed for investigation by Ohio state health officials.
Health department officials from Kent carried out an inspection of Chipotle Mexican Grill on April 19, a day after receiving reports from the university's health center and Robinson Memorial Hospital of students showing similar symptoms: severe vomiting, diarrhea, and nausea.
According to John Ferlito, Kent Health Commissioner, all of the students who complained of the symptoms at burritos at the restaurant. Apparently, many of the patients had received a coupon for free food after donating blood.

According to Robinson Memorial emergency medical coordinator Robert Walker, seeing a combination of the same things typically means food poisoning.
The Ohio Department of Health said officials were testing food and workers for any illnesses.

Read More About Grill Near Kent State University Shut Down After Diners Suffer Illness...

back to top