A man has filed a personal injury suit alleging that he suffered a severe shock as he was working for Quality Rail Services.
According to the suit he filed against Magnesium Elektron North American and Cherokee Properties on April 2 in Illinois’ Madison County Circuit Court, Gary Sugg was working on Magnesium Elektron North American’s premises at the time of the December 10 incident.
Court records say that Sugg entered an electrical room containing transformers that were not supposed to be in use. But as he entered the room, a current of electricity passed through his body from the transformer.
Sugg claims the incident caused him to suffer severe and permanent burns and injuries, incur substantial medical expenses, and lose money.
The suit alleges negligence on the part of the defendants for failure to provide a safe workplace, failure to warn of possible electrical currents in the transformers, allowing electrical currents to remain and be stored in the transformers, and incorrectly informing Sugg that the transformers were not energized.
Sugg seeks damages exceeding $100,000.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Worker Claims He Was Shocked By Transformers He Was Told Were Not In Use"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."