Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 877-BRENT-ADAMS
Phone: (919) 781-7590
Brent Adams & Associates

Suit Claims Man Electrocuted While Installing Awning At Pool Hall


Blog Category:
5/7/2009
Brent Adams
Comments (0)

A man has filed a personal injury suit against a Houston, Texas-based overhang fabrication business and a San Leon, Texas-based pool hall after allegedly being electrocuted while installing framework more than six months ago.

According to the suit filed by Martin Moreno in Texas’s Galveston County District Court on May 4, the defendants, U.S. Canvas & Awning Corp. and Casper’s Billiards, failed to ensure his safety before and during his work.

According to court papers, Moreno was setting up an aluminum frame awning at Casper’s on July 29, 2008 when a piece of the frame connected with a power line, causing him to suffer an electric shock and sustain severe burns on his side.

Moreno received rush transport to the nearest hospital after the incident.

The suit does not provide specifics about the gravity or extent of the injuries Moreno sustained, but insists that he experienced great disfigurement and impairment.

The suit alleges negligence on the part of the defendants for failure to warn Moreno of the power lines’ presence, failure to provide proper equipment, failure to establish and enforce adequate safety rules and regulations, failure to identify potential dangers, and requiring Moreno to perform tasks beyond his physical capabilities.

Moreno is seeking compensation for lost wages, medical costs, pain and suffering, and mental anguish and has demanded a trial by jury.



Category: Accident Attorney


There are no comments.

Post a comment

Post a Comment to "Suit Claims Man Electrocuted While Installing Awning At Pool Hall"

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."

Name:*

Email:* (will not be published)

Message:*

Notify me of follow-up comments via email.