Steps You Should Take after a Dunn Hit and Run Accident
Hit and run accidents should be handled similar to any other type of Dunn car crash. The only difference is that you may have to wait to pursue legal action against the driver or, sadly, may never have that opportunity. Your own insurance may provide coverage in the absence of another driver, provided you have the necessary coverage on your policy.
What to Do After a Hit and Run
The following are steps you should take after a hit and run accident:
- do not chase the other driver;
- check if you need medical assistance and if anybody else requires it (e.g. passengers, other drivers, pedestrians, etc.);
- if you do not require emergency medical attention, still see a doctor shortly after the accident;
- notify the authorities;
- write down any information or details about the car and driver (e.g. physical appearance, car make/model/color, etc.);
- if there were any witnesses to the accident, get their names and phone numbers (they may provide valuable information about the other driver); and
- call your insurance company to report the accident.
Brent Adams & Associates understands the difficulty these accidents may bring, so be sure to follow these steps as best you can after a collision. Skipping any of these steps could make recovering damages difficult in any Dunn car crash.
Compensation for Damages After Hit and Run
An analysis by the AAA Foundation found that about 11 percent of accidents reported to the authorities involved a hit and run driver. That’s more than one in every ten reported accidents. If you’re an unfortunate victim of a hit and run, put your safety above all else and take the necessary steps to make sure your claim is handled appropriately for maximum recovery of your damages.
If you have uninsured motorist coverage, which is now required in North Carolina, this could help pay for your medical bills and lost earnings following a hit and run accident. Talk to your insurance company about the specifics of your policy and what is covered for your Dunn car crash.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Steps You Should Take after a Dunn Hit and Run Accident"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."