A woman from Gaston County claims she had to go to the emergency room for the personal injuries she suffered from drinking what was supposed to be sweet tea from a fast food restaurant.
According to a report in The Gaston Gazette, Shawna Bruce said that the doctors she saw diagnosed a probable allergic reaction to chemicals.
On the morning of March 5, Bruce purchased the drink and a biscuit from a McDonald's restaurant in Gaston County. Owner Jeff Stanton informed Bruce that the staff utilizes a bleach-type sanitizer that could have gotten into the beverage. He personally apologized to her and offered to compensate her for her medical expenses. He said an inspection of the restaurant was conducted on March 7 and no problems were discovered.
Bruce said she was insulted when the cashier tried to charge her for a new cup for her tea.
Gaston County Environmental Health Administrator Curtis Hopper said that his department was conducting an investigation.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Gaston Couny Woman Hospitalized By Sweet Tea"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."